Re: [hylafax-users] Empty pages

Wolfgang Klein wrote:
Do you or does any one else have some older source of code I could try?
It is somehow hard to come by. If I could get some version before 1.2 or
even earlier, I could try to compile it.

I don't think that older versions of CAPI4HylaFAX will resolve the matter. Perhaps if you went to an older version of HylaFAX (i.e. of the same vintage as the CAPI4HylaFAX release), then maybe that would work.

The problem sounds to me like CAPI4HylaFAX's faxsend doesn't like the image that was prepared by faxq... at least on pages after the first.

How can I test this? As I mentioned before, I checked the tiff and the
ps file and both are complete. Is there any other file I should check as
well?

I think that if you put "Use2D: no" in your /var/spool/hylafax/config you'll limit faxq to preparing MH image data files which should be the most compatible.

My bet is on a CAPI4HylaFAX that is surfacing due to some kind of configuration that is somewhat unique on your system while somewhat uncommon on other CAPI4HylaFAX systems.

To make it even more suspicious: I met someone on the net, who has the same problem, even though he uses a totally different Linux distribution. But when we two exchange faxes, ever page is complete. Inspecting the log files I discovered that the difference lies in the speed: faxes between our two stations are exchanged at 9600 baud, while faxes to other stations are sent at a much higher rate.

I guess there's no way of telling capi4hylafax to always use the lower
rate, is there?

I doubt very much that bitrate is the issue. Furthermore, I'm not sure how to make faxsend in CAPI4HylaFAX limit the bitrate.

Thanks,