Re: [hylafax-users] Routing Incoming Faxes

Thanks for the information.  I did see some posts from a few years ago regarding using extra digits to route incoming faxes.  Could someone point me in the direction of the correct way to set this up?  I realize there are complications with this, but I have a Canon copier with a Fax card that supports this, so I'd at least like to try it out.

Also, if anyone has any more information on DTMF routing or "subdomain" support that is also referenced in a few HylaFax-related places, I'd appreciate that, too.  I'm currently investigating whether or not my PBX supports DID over Analog lines - maybe that will pan out and I won't have to worry about DTMF, extra digits, etc., but, on the chance that it doesn't work out, I'd appreciate any non-DID and non-sender routing information.

Thanks - Nick

Nick Couchman wrote:
> I've set up an initial HylaFax server that does e-mail to fax routing
> and fax to Samba routing.  Currently I have a single analog
> phone line/number and a single modem (USR 56K Fax External) for the
> server.  I'd like to improve my setup by providing a way to route
> incoming faxes to the correct recipient, and I was wondering if someone
> could provide me with some possible methods of doing this.  I'd like to
> keep the server to a single modem and a single analog phone line and
> find a way to route with my existing hardware setup.  I have two ideas
> on how to do this:
> - Use fax numbers with extensions.  I don't even know if this is
> possible or not, but I'd really like to be able to keep a single fax
> number and then append four digit extensions to the end of the fax
> number to route incoming faxes.  It would also be nice if it will still
> answer and accept a fax if an extension is not detected, and that fax
> could go into a common area the way it does, now.  Is this something
> that's possible to do?  With my existing hardware?  Or will I need
> special hardware?
> - Use DID fax numbers.  Although I'd prefer to use extensions, I'm open
> to using DID numbers.  Of course, I'd have to purchase a block of DID
> numbers, but is this something that can be done with HylaFax?  Again,
> will the hardware that I have do this, or am I going to need a special
> modem?
> - Others?  Any other ideas that people have for routing faxes, aside
> from sender's phone number?

I suggest you to take a look at the document called "Routing Incoming Faxes"
available at http://www.hylafax.org/content/How-To for an overview and then
look at faxrcvd manpage.

Then, yes, you can do the routing based on the DID and AFAIR it's matter of
evaluating $CALLIDx (where x is 4 usually but i remember me printing these
vars to find the right one) variable in FaxDispatch.

riccardo

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information. In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox. Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions