[hylafax-users] Routing Incoming Faxes

I've set up an initial HylaFax server that does e-mail to fax routing and fax to Samba routing.  Currently I have a single analog phone line/number and a single modem (USR 56K Fax External) for the server.  I'd like to improve my setup by providing a way to route incoming faxes to the correct recipient, and I was wondering if someone could provide me with some possible methods of doing this.  I'd like to keep the server to a single modem and a single analog phone line and find a way to route with my existing hardware setup.  I have two ideas on how to do this:
- Use fax numbers with extensions.  I don't even know if this is possible or not, but I'd really like to be able to keep a single fax number and then append four digit extensions to the end of the fax number to route incoming faxes.  It would also be nice if it will still answer and accept a fax if an extension is not detected, and that fax could go into a common area the way it does, now.  Is this something that's possible to do?  With my existing hardware?  Or will I need special hardware?
- Use DID fax numbers.  Although I'd prefer to use extensions, I'm open to using DID numbers.  Of course, I'd have to purchase a block of DID numbers, but is this something that can be done with HylaFax?  Again, will the hardware that I have do this, or am I going to need a special modem?
- Others?  Any other ideas that people have for routing faxes, aside from sender's phone number?

If I do need to purchase a special modem for one or both of these things to work, I'd very much appreciate recommendations from people on modems.  It needs to be external (HylaFax runs in a virtual machine and uses a Digi serial-over-IP device to talk to the modem) and I'd prefer something that's not too expensive - a couple hundred bucks, if possible.  If not, that's fine - I'm still interested to hear what other people are using.

Also, please forgive me if my questions are obvious or ignorant - I'm not real familiar with telephony and fax equipment.

Thanks - Nick

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information. In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox. Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions