Re: [hylafax-users] Here got 3 Sample log file that HylaFAx cannot fax out

Thank for the reply,

My modem is an class 0,1,8 modem, for now the Hylafax is used for faxing out document only,

My current configuration right now is:

# $Id: topic,v 1.4 2003/07/25 16:23:26 lhoward Exp $
#
# prototype config for Topic modems and other similarly broken firmwares
#

#
CountryCode:        6
AreaCode:        03
FAXNumber:        6.03.2164561
LongDistancePrefix:    1
InternationalPrefix:    011
DialStringRules:    etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:        1
SessionTracing:        11
RecvFileMode:        0600
LogFileMode:        0600
DeviceMode:        0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:    1
SpeakerVolume:        off
GettyArgs:        "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:    "Nothing"
TagLineFont:        etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:        "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
MaxRecvPages:        30
#

ModemType:        Class1        # use this to supply a hint
ModemFlowControl:    xonxoff        # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
#ModemHardFlowCmd:    AT&H3        # hardware flow control === > Problem, don't know set what value
#ModemSoftFlowCmd:    AT&H4        # software flow control
=== > Problem, don't know set what value

# as of v1.20, +FTS is not supported, which will cause "Stop and wait"
# failures unless we use software pauses instead...

Class1PPMWaitCmd:     "<delay\0727>"    # \072 == :  to avoid awk problem
Class1TCFWaitCmd:     "<delay\0727>"
Class1EOPWaitCmd:     "<delay\0729>"
Class1SwitchingCmd:    "<delay\0727>"    # assumption: +FRS not supported
RTNHandlingMethod:      giveup

[I just added 3 command as you mention
ModemFlowControl, ModemHardFlowCmd, and ModemSoftFlowCmd]

I search in the internet for the
ModemHardFlowCmd and ModemSoftFlowCmd, some of the source set AT&H3 and some of the source set AT*H3. I did not know which source is the correct one.

http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/misc/hylafax-5.2.7.tar.gz:a/hylafax-5.2.7/config/dsi-scout+
===>
AT*H3
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2007-01/msg00113.php
====>
AT&H3

May I know where is the H variable come from? Beside H, got other source put K, or D..

I scan through the hylafax-config man page http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php

It look very detail and technical , May I know is it every setting need to set it?

May I know which configuration need to add in my config.ttyS0? [
when there is an problem occur ]

Thank you

P/S: Lee Howard are you a Modem maker? Why you understood so well about the fax command? :)

-fsloke