Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax future plans?

On Sep 3, 2008, at 6:28 PM, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

Thanks for this good news. I just re-subscribed to the list, in order to
better follow such development. It's quite sad I won't be able to made
it in Debian lenny, since we already freezed a lot of packages and I
shouldn't dare to switch to a different release at this point.

Please do make sure to also subscribe to hylafax-devel. Sorry about missing the Lenny deadline, if you advise us about these in the future we can be sure to help you hit milestones like that!

I'd be interested to know which bugs you think should be included in
the next release, and what features you think are presently missing.

Well, all reported bugs should be fixed :-) Anyway, I think at least 465, 791, 859, 876, 885, 887, 890, 891, 892/894, 893, 896 plus a few debian bugs: #404923, #405149, #409345.

Thanks, we'll put some focus on those immediately. Watch the -devel list for updates.

About new features, I may only try to write a few, but I think that this
mailing list can propose a better list.

1. ssl connection client/server (even for autentication purposes)
2. http connection client/server (in order to bypass NATs)
3. clustering (many machines polling from the same queues)
4. better/easy way to create cover pages and *archive* them with faxes

That's a great starting point, thanks!

-d