Re: [hylafax-users] DateStamp PDF Attachment Received by from FaxDispatch

Andy Rogers wrote:
Riccardo

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your help so far, from what you are saying I think I have
understood you, I have made the following changes now, but not applied
them as yet:-

                TIFF|tiff|TIF|tif)
                    TraceLog "Using tiff2pdf"
                    name="`basename $1 .tif`"

                    echo "i'm here! (4): $2" > /tmp/foobar4
                    $TIFF2PS -o $TMPDIR/$name.ps $1
                    psmark -i $TMPDIR/$name.ps -o $TMPDIR/$name-marked.ps
-x -400 -y 20 -r 0 -s 10 "`date`
                    $TIFF2PDF $TMPDIR/$name-marked.ps -o $TMPDIR/$name.pdf
                    rm -f $TMPDIR/$name-marked.ps

                    #$TIFF2PDF -o $TMPDIR/$name.pdf $1
                    echo "$TMPDIR/$name.pdf"

Could you let me know if I have understood you correctly then If I have I
shall try and apply these changes.

two things:

1) missing double quote at end of psmark line
2) you can't use TIFF2PDF anymore you have to use PS2TIFF

I understand that you probably don't have a test setup [1] but you should try this stuff yourself to figure out if something is wrong, understand the errors and at least try to fix them. This should at least make you a bit more confident with the code you are deploying. I hope the next mail would be a "success! works great!" one.

cheers,
riccardo

[1] which basically means just cut and paste this stuff (from name=) and define the variables you are using and call it with a tiff as first argument.