Re: [hylafax-users] Communicating with modem

Great Bob, we're almost there. Now just add the following two lines
to /etc/inittab (after the # FaxGetty Entry);

# run faxgetty on ttyS0 mo:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0

(the mo is just an identifier, unique from others. I use mo to stand
for modem. something is needed there anyway.

Then run faxstat and we'll see if you're in business. Assuming the
modem initializes, we should be. Let me know.

Dave

I added the lines and ran faxstat, but the modem didn't initialize. I then restarted the computer, and after quite a delay, the modem initialized. It now answers the phone with fax tones so it appears to be working. Now, how do I view an incoming fax, and how do I send a fax? Is there any way to set up a virtual printer so that I can fax from any program that has print capability?