Re: [hylafax-users] TPC.INT

Hi,

On Wed, 20.08.2008 at 18:10:34 -0700, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>> http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/tpc.php#ss7.1
>> I vote that we remove references to tpc.int for the following reasons-
> I'm not sure that the purpose of TPC.INT was to avoid international
> calling rates.  So I'm not sure that this argument is relevant.

it was, initially. The deal was that you sponsor the faxing cost for
someone, and piggypack your own advertisements on said fax (like one of
your advertisements for every five pages you send, or something).

>> 3. Is anyone actually running a TPC node?
>
> This is certainly a good question.  A few years ago I did, but due to
> reasons of network abuse the sponsor told me to abandon it.  The

We also ran a TCP.INT node at some time, and know of another company
who did the same, but due to abuse, they had to stop, and when we
discovered that people were simply faxing junk at random numbers and
thus kept calling people out of their beds at night, we stopped running
the service, too.

> good-will it was intended to generate for the community had actually
> backfired.

Let's say that I don't have anything to say about spammers that would
still be legal... you get the idea.

Kind regards,
--Toni++