Re: [hylafax-users] several ISDN questions (addendum)

Hi,

I was not being clear enough, again. :/

On Fri, 22.08.2008 at 08:29:21 +0200, Toni Mueller <support-hylafax@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Or, in other words, if there are binary or otherwise non-free parts,
> and/or I have to take the hassle of compiling my own kernel/not being
> able to upgrade my kernel whenever, or for whatever reasons I want,
> then this driver is a no-go area for me. Consequently, the affected
> hardware is out of discussion. Been there, done that, failed
> (miserably). Never again.

Recommended video lesson:

"Greg Kroah Hartman on the Linux Kernel"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2SED6sewRw

I've yet to see a hardware vendor who can keep up, and I also don't
want to be tied to an operating system or platform. What if I want to
switch to FreeBSD tomorrow? Then the Linux driver will help me not too
much...

Kind regards,
--Toni++