Re: [hylafax-users] Can I change the retry time in the HylaFax?

FOO SOON LOKE wrote:
The question is about the retry time interval....

Question 1: [Fixed time interval between the tries]
Can we configure the HylaFax server so that it will retry in the time interval that I set?

Yes. This is controlled by the JobReq* modem configuration parameters. (See: http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php )

Question 2: [Varies time interval between the tries]
Can we configure in such

1st try : next 5 minute interval
2nd try : next 10 minute interval
3rd try : next 15 minutes intreval...

The time interval between the tries can it be varies?

No, currently it cannot vary.

Question 3: What is the default retry interval?
May I know the current Hylafax, how much time interval that defaultly set inside the server for retry fax? 30 second?

60 seconds for a protocol error, 180 seconds for a busy signal, and 300 seconds for everything else. There is also some "jitter" added to that, as well... I think... which allows for some "shuffling" of jobs to occur (to prevent one job from consistently interfering with another... or something to that effect).

Thanks,