[hylafax-users] [Fwd: Re: Replace faxsend program]

forward to list because I forgot to reply to the list.
--- Begin Message ---
  • To: Tomas Novosad <kbbl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Replace faxsend program
  • From: Bodo Meissner <bodo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 19:57:58 +0200
Tomas Novosad wrote, on 11.08.2008 10:51:
Hello Bodo,

reason why i'm trying to run hylafax on server with no phone lines is,
we want people to think that the fax server actually is there.
[...]
it is just to avoid users connecting directly to the real fax server.

Hello Tomas,

why not using some DNAT for the HylaFAX port to the real HylaFAX server with FTP connection tracking?
With this setup the users could connect to the proxy with their HylaFAX client and will be forwarded to the real HylaFAX server.

Bodo