Re: [hylafax-users] Debugging Fax to E-Mail

Few things to check for incoming fax to email:

-check the fax server's mail logs - usually /var/log/maillog
-run FaxDispatch as the hylafax user (usually uucp) and look for errors
- permissions, execute bits etc.
-run faxrcvd as the hylafax user - look in the session logs below for
the syntax
-remember that the scripts are expecting you to be in the hylafax root
folder (usually /var/spool/hylafax) when you run them, so FaxDispatch is
called as "etc/FaxDispatch recvq/00000929.tif" and so on.
-look at the session logs for errors running faxrcvd (or if it in fact
is running faxrcvd) usually /var/spool/hylafax/log

Order of events -
1) phone rings (does hylafax answer? Session logs - no log if hylafax
doesn't answer)
2) fax protocol negotiation - session log
3) receive fax - session log (at the end of this you should have a tif
file in the recvq folder
4) faxrcvd script running - last lines in the session log (this is
controlled by the FaxRcvdCmd setting in the modem config file(usually
etc/config.ttyXXX).
5) faxrcvd/FaxDispatch script deciding who to email to - based on DID or
FaxMaster setting
6) faxrcvd script sending email - system mail log (/var/log/maillog)

Enjoy!

-Siri Vias