From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carlos Alvarez
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 9:49 AM
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Fax error, but fax file seems fine

On Aug 11, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Siri Vias Khalsa wrote:
> Did you make any modification to the faxrcvd or FaxDispatch scripts?
> Specifically, I've seen similar errors when you move the tiff file
> before the scripts finish processing it. By glancing through the log
> you

I have an external script to move and post-process the files, which is
kicked off by cron every hour/half-hour.  They are not being e-
mailed.  The script is supposed to check for open files and only copy
files which are not open.

	for f in /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/*.tif;do fuser "$f">/dev/null
2>&1||
mv "$f" /var/spool/hylafax/temp/;done

Maybe this is failing to detect some open files, but then I wonder why
the image would be perfect?  I should be missing random parts, no?

> If you do need to move the file, I would suggest that you do it at the
> end of the faxrcvd script, to avoid errors like that. You can even
> set a
> variable if you need to take action based on where the fax goes
> through
> the script, and then act on it at the end.

That's probably the best method.  Since I'm comfortable with shell
script I did it that way, but I guess I should learn how to do it in
the "official" file.

/dev/null