Re: [hylafax-users] Fax error, but fax file seems fine

On Aug 11, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Siri Vias Khalsa wrote:
Did you make any modification to the faxrcvd or FaxDispatch scripts?
Specifically, I've seen similar errors when you move the tiff file
before the scripts finish processing it. By glancing through the log you

I have an external script to move and post-process the files, which is kicked off by cron every hour/half-hour. They are not being e- mailed. The script is supposed to check for open files and only copy files which are not open.

for f in /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/*.tif;do fuser "$f">/dev/null 2>&1|| mv "$f" /var/spool/hylafax/temp/;done

Maybe this is failing to detect some open files, but then I wonder why the image would be perfect? I should be missing random parts, no?

If you do need to move the file, I would suggest that you do it at the
end of the faxrcvd script, to avoid errors like that. You can even set a
variable if you need to take action based on where the fax goes through
the script, and then act on it at the end.

That's probably the best method. Since I'm comfortable with shell script I did it that way, but I guess I should learn how to do it in the "official" file.