Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax as a Linux replacement for Winfax

Bob Estes wrote:
I just installed PCLinux, and I am looking for a fax program which will provide the same capability under PCLinux that Winfax provided under Windows. Specifically, the ability to automatically receive faxes without regard to who is logged on as the current user, or even if no one is logged on. I have a stand-a-lone computer that is not on a network. I have a Zoom v.34 33.6 model 2836 fax/modem hooked up to a dedicated phone line. The ability to automatically receive a fax when no one is logged on is important to me, as is the ability to automatically receive a fax when someone else is logged on. Will Hylafax fulfill my requirements?

Yes.

But you should probably start by reading, and then you will have a much easier time of things.

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/index.php

Thanks,