Re: [hylafax-users] Can't receive faxes with Conexant/Linuxant PCI modem

Alessio Bianchi wrote:
Hi, I'm using HylaFax 4.4.4 with an internal PCI Conexant modem

I assume that you're using the Linuxant drivers to run the modem.

There have been numerous reports of fax problems using the Linuxant drivers. This may be because people are trying to use the non-licensed driver for faxing (you have to pay like $15 to get the fax-capable license). But in times past when I've researched it I've found numerous problems with their fax capabilities that caused me to simply switch to a different modem at the time.

The only linmodems that were ever at all reliable for me in production use was the ltmodem (Lucent linmodem) and the PCTel linmodem. But that was years ago... neither of those are manufactured any more.

Thanks,