Re: [hylafax-users] FaxAccounting - How to check for successful jobs

Deepak Sathya wrote:
How do I know that a fax job has been successfully sent?

In the FaxAccounting script the 14th parameter will be empty when the 2nd parameter is "SEND". If you refer to this FaxAccounting script here:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/misc/FaxAccounting

So ...

if [ "$ENTRYTYPE" -eq "SEND" ] && [ -z "$REASON" ]; then
 # This is a FaxAccounting call for a successfully sent fax.
fi

Can I infer that a job is complete where npages and pages in jobinfo
are equal ? or are these same?
and what happens to these values when pages are sent in multiple attempts?

FaxAccounting really has no direct knowlege of job failure. It knows if a call succeeds or fails, but it doesn't know if the whole job fails due to number of dials/tries, etc.

Yes, you could parse the sendq/doneq file for more accurate information, however, there are configurations that could make reading of the sendq/doneq file inaccurate as well.

I think that you could use AuditHook for auditing actual queue behavior, if that's what you're after.

Thanks,