Re: [hylafax-users] Issue receiving + XMPP notifier

>> On receiving, errors appeared like "MODEM TIMEOUT: waiting for
>> v.21 carrier", "RECV: reject TCF (too many non-zero, max 10%)",
>> "TRAINING failed" (repeats twice, finally succeds third time down
>> to 7200bit), then "MODEM command error", "FCS error",
>> "MODEM TIMEOUT", etc. with a final death... "RECV FAX: Failed
>> to properly detect high-speed data carrier, {E112}"
>
> I would like to see one of these complete session logs.

Attached a good few of them (took a good while to find!)

> The only features there that are applicable for receiving faxes are
> senderHasV17Trouble and senderSkipsV29.  Using these two in combination
> (both yes) causes faxgetty to present the sender with a DIS signal that
> omits V.17 support (thus 9600 bps maximum)
>.
> Furthermore, those features only work if you have associated a CallIDPattern
> with "calling-number" using CallIDType.  Is this what you've done?

I'm not sure about this setting.  We have caller ID working fine in
faxrcvd and in logfiles, plus info files.

grep -i callidtype returns nothing in etc/ or info/ .. but adding to
the info files seems to work? I certainly hope this is not purely
chance, because that would point to significant instability :)

Our setup is:

 E1 <->sangoma AFT-A102cPCI T1/E1 card (HDLC rev.25)<->asterisk
1.4.17<->iaxmodem-0.1.10<->hylafax 5.2.2

We are also having problems sending to certain numbers, again I need
to manually
change the settings - otherwise they fail after three tries, and
forever thereafter, with 'Unspecified Transmit Phase C'.  Did one of
these just this morning in fact, so I've also attached the logs for
that issue.

Because changing info file settings appears to work, in both sending
and receiving cases, but is a pain to do manually, I think some sort
of more aggressive automated step-down would be ideal.

We only ever have problems with specific numbers, and at this stage by
my guestimation of resolved issues vs infofile database size, this is
under 2% of remote stations.

Regards,
Walter Stanish