[hylafax-users] FAX testing

Hi all,

I am interested in more rigorous testing of my FAX software, and I have been looking around for standard approvals test suites.

In the US there used to be an EIA test spec for FAX machines called TSB-85. It was withdrawn for some reason, and no US spec seems to have taken its place. For a long time Germany required all FAX machines to pass a test spec called FTZ 18TR53. That seems to have morphed into something pretentiously called the "Definitive Tele-Facsimile Standard" or DTS, which is no longer a Germany only spec. This is not actually a standard for FAX, but a standard for testing FAX equipment. It looks like this may cost money, though I was unable to find out for sure from my web search.

I'd really like to get hold of a copy of the old TSB-85 spec (despite it being withdrawn), and the current DTS spec, if I can. Does anyone know more about these tests?

Regards,
Steve