Re: [hylafax-users] Bulk Faxing

On Wednesday 04 Jun 2008, Michael Wilson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I presently run Hylafax on my Asterisk PBX using IAXModem and Zaptel
> hardware.  What I want to be able to do is bulk fax to a list of fax
> numbers.  I presently use the winprint print device to fax from
> applications.  Is there a robotic way of doing this, can a flat file be
> used as a data source etc.
>
> Help is appreciated.

With Unix, *anything* that can be done by hand can be done by a script.

Basically, you need to generate a PostScript file containing the fax you wish
to send  (if you're doing this from a Windows app, get the PostScript printer
driver from the Adobe web site and print to a file, then transfer the file to
your Unix machine.)  Then you just need to write a simple script to send this
PostScript file to each of the intended recipients.

If you search back in the mailing list archives for "Chaklam", you'll find an
exchange between me and a user by that name in which I suggested relevant
scripts to do something very similar.  I think he was using a MySQL database
to store the fax numbers, but you could easily modify it to use a text file
instead.

--
AJS
(insert figure one before at sign if replying off-list)