Re: [hylafax-users] localhost: Unknown host

Lee Howard typed (on Fri, May 09, 2008 at 06:14:41PM -0700):
> Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

>>> What's 'strace faxstat' say?
>>>

>> It wasn't just faxstat.  Sendfax and other binaries had the same problem
>> The error went away when I disabled LDAP support.
>
> LDAP support is supposed to be disabled by default.  How did you disable
> it?  And did you enable it intentionally?

I certainly didn't enable it myself.  I just tried a plain 'configure'
again, followed by 'make'; then ldd confirms that faxstat, sendfax, and
other binaries want to use /usr/lib/libldap-2.3.so.2.

Most configure scripts log the actual command line by which they were
invoked to config.log, but hylafax-5.x.y's configure doesn't.  I don't
recall exactly, and I'll have to reconstruct it eventually, but in order
to get functional programs, I probably did:

	configure --with-DISABLE_LDAP=yes

--
JP