Re: [hylafax-users] faxmail and the first page (with body of email)

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris Weiss wrote:
>
> > this reminds me of a new issue I have with an HP MFP, even with no
> > message entered at the panel the email body gets a line of "-" across
> > the page.  would it be possible to define a character, or a set of
> > characters, where if the body contains only these and nothing more
> > that the body also be ignored?  or is there some tool I can use on  my
> > "fax pipe" script that currently just does:
> > /usr/local/bin/faxmail -n -T | /usr/local/bin/sendfax -R -n -o $1 -f $2 -d
> $3
> >

>  Strip the "-" body part out from the mail source before passing it to
> faxmail.
>
>  That's one of several approaches you could take, I think.

well that was harder than it seemed like it should be, but my bash-foo
is a bit weak.  made a script to put in front my chain, can strip any
default lines my MFP puts in.

script follows for anyone interested, IFS="" is required to preserve
formating of the email headers, which was the hard part.

--start script--
#!/bin/bash

IFS=""
while read x1