Re: [hylafax-users] Definition of levels for kill time map

George H wrote:
I noticed I got an unsent fax job due to "kill time expired" I checked
the xferfax logs and it seemed a bit odd to me. The job got submitted
at 09:19am and then the next record was at 12:19pm saying kill time
expired, no attempts to send the fax.

Kill time occurs irrespective of any send attempts. Kill time is the time in which the fax must be sent before failing and notifying you (so that you can investigate why it's not going out). So in some cases for a high-priority fax the kill time should likely be something like "now + 30 minutes" whereas something not so important can be left at default ("now + 3 hours") or something that just needs to get there eventually ("now + 2 days").

Unless you're specifying a killtime during the job submission process, then it's likely the default (3 hours), and your comments here indicate as much.

I looked at the man page for KillTimeMap  and as far as I can
understand.. each level is associated a number of minutes. The one
thing I don't understand is what do those levels mean? ie) " expires a
job in 5 minutes for service levels 0-2, 15 minutes for level three,
60 minutes for level four, etc."

What is service level 0-2 ? and how can I get info on which service
level to tune so that I Don't get kill time expired errors so quickly.

KillTimeMap is a feature used for SNPP jobs, not fax jobs. So just ignore everything about KillTimeMap in this case.

Thanks,

*Lee Howard*
*Mainpine, Inc. Support Manager*
Tel: +1 866 363 6680 ext 4 | Fax: +1 360 462 8160
lee.howard@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com