Re: [hylafax-users] Modem hangs till poweroff

Michael Brown escribió:
Sounds like a bad serial port, as that's the only variable so far that I see (besides hylafax or the OS).
I agree it must be some bad config or handling of the serial port. But,
I reproduced the trouble on another server...so it's too coincidence
that 2 different machines have bad serial ports. All my servers are HP
Proliant ones with centos 4 (RHEL4) on them.
This happens on mine from time to time, but to remedy, I have my fax server change run levels every night (resets all the hylafax stuff this way), but yours might need some kind of serial port test.
Do you know any test I could run on the serial port to test it? Anyway
to reset the serial port withou having to reset the whole server? If I
could reset the serial port, I would test to do it the next time I have
this trouble to see if it comes from there.
Does your system have any free USB ports on it? You can purchase a USB to Serial adapter for cheap and see if it's the built in serial port on your system or software related.
I will do it, but as I told you I'm having this trouble on several
machines so I guess it doesn't come from the serial...or all the serial
from HP Proliant servers are incompatible with Hylafax?!?!

I really appreciated your help...thanks a lot!!

-- Héctor Sánchez Sanmartín PlanaTec Software S.L. ** Castellón (Spain) tlf: +34 964340560 ** fax: +34 964340562