[hylafax-users] Serial Port trouble with VMware

Is anyone running their server on VMware?  I am running OpenSuse10.3 as my base OS and installed Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 - SP1 as a virtual machine with VMware.

I was able to get Hylafax 5.2.3 installed and running.  However, I am having issues with communicating with my external hardware modem ( Trendnet TFM - 560X).  I set up the virtual serial port for the modem as directed by VMware's instructions, but still unable to communicate with the modem on the virtual machine.

http://pubs.vmware.com/server1/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

The virtual machine runs as good as the stand alone except for this "serial port" issue that I am experiencing.  Everything worked on a stand alone OS.

Regards,

-Mike