Re: [hylafax-users] Need help customizing faxrcvd

mark morreny wrote:
Hi,
I am thinking about customizing faxcrvd to accomplish the db functions that I am looking for. Can someone help me out? Is there any simple tutorial or sample PHP that I can use to get started? What kind of input and output is expected and how to set it up so that it will use my new PHP file instead of the original faxrcvd script?

Here is a notice that is found at the top of faxrcvd in HylaFAX+ ...

# ============================================
#
# A NOTE ON CUSTOMIZING this script:
#
# You are welcome (even encouraged) to customize this script to suit the
# needs of the deployment.  However, be advised that this script is
# considered part of the package distribution and is subject to being
# overwritten by subsequent upgrades.  Please consider copying this file
# to something like "etc/faxrcvd-custom", modifying that copy of the file,
# and then setting "FaxRcvdCmd: etc/faxrcvd-custom" in your modem config
# file to prevent your customizations from being overwritten during an
# upgrade process.
#

So essentially, take a look at 'man faxrcvd'...

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/faxrcvd.php

Create your PHP script to accept the same input options. Then set FaxRcvdCmd to point at your PHP script (make sure the PHP script is marked executable).

You may want to take a look at the AvantFAX setup. It essentially does the same thing (and it uses PHP, even).

Thanks,