Re: [hylafax-users] Linux and RTOS

> "Pushing the envelope" is when you exaggerate the conditions that cause
> risk to be something well-beyond what one would expect in an average
> situation.

I am buying a PCI-E 4-port card to run up to 4x Multitech v.34 fax modems
(Class 1.0)

The machine is a 2GHz Core2 Duo with 2Gb of RAM. It is doing other things as
well but I figured a fax server wouldn't tax it much more then it already is,
which isn't much.

I am certainly resisting throwing a whole lot of dough at this unless someone
can point out a real problem with what I am proposing.

If I was running a whole lot of modems (Does anyone run 128 in real life and
what the hell are they doing?) I may reconsider my position.

At this level I would also have to reconsider other things as well, given that
a large number of lines doing faxing in New Zealand would not only be
overkill - it would also piss people off!