Re: [hylafax-users] A question on hylafax

Stephen Liu wrote:
Hi Michel,

Thanks for your quick advice.
Glad I can help someone.
Yes. I personally use "WinPrint HylaFax" and recommend the same
to my customers. Seamless and simple integration into the Windows
environment.

Whether you meant following package/URL

https://sourceforge.net/projects/winprinthylafax/
???
Yep.
I suppose it needs installing this package on all workstations which
needs to send fax?
Correct. It behaves just like a native Windows printer object. See docs for full details.
Postfix is mail server package.  I run Evolution, mail client, on
Workstation.  Whether put your command as recepient address?

Why it needs adding "fax" before "mydomain.com"?
Convention, mostly. You don't need it, per se. It just makes routing a bit more human-readable.
I suppose I need installing HylaFax on the mail server NOT on mail
client (workstation)?
I actually run a dedicated copy of the Postfix MTA on the Hylafax+ server, and have my domain mail server configured that it "knows" to route faxes to the Hylafax+ machine.

Thanks
My pleasure.
I'll go through the recommended document on the website.
Doing so will save you a lot of headaches. Lots of good info there.
B.R.
Stephen L

--

	--Michel R Vaillancourt
	Independent oDesk Contractor since February, 2008

	For non-critical support issues, please contact me via email at mvaillancourt@xxxxxxxxx
	For more urgent issues, please contact me via Yahoo! Messenger at michel_vaillancourt

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk <http://www.odesk.com/referrals/track/mvaillancourt?redir=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.odesk.com%2Fusers%2F%7E%7E4d3a50c8189d31d2>