[hylafax-users] Modems Getting "lost"

Hi All

We've recently moved a customer off a PC based HylaFAX server to a rack mounted one, only to find that much to our (and their) "amusement" there were no serial ports available.

Luckily we discovered that we could use a USB to serial converter and the modems appeared to work perfectly.

Only snag is that after a day or two (sometimes longer), they just stop answering.

Restarting HylaFAX makes no difference. Only after we physically switch them off and on again to we get them to answer.

Any ideas where to start please?

hylafax-4.4.2-1fc6.

TIA

Nigel.