Re: [hylafax-users] 911 is being dialed but does not show in any logs

Jeff, in a situation like this, you'll have to "match logs".

From the alerts your PBX generates, you have the timestamps of the "911"
emergency calls.  You should be able to correlate the timestamps on
these alerts with the HylaFAX logs, to see which job was sending on that
line when it happened.  Note that the times on your PBX and HylaFAX
server could be slightly different, but match up one or 2 identified
calls, and you should be able to see how far apart they are.

Once you have the job that placed the call that the PBX considered
"911", you can see the actual digits dialed form the session log, and
then it will be a matter of figuring out why when HylaFAX instructs the
modem to dial one thing, the PBX thinks it hears tones of something
else.  This process will probably involve some experimenting.  Make sure
you do that carefully with the PBX people involved so you don't end up
making a bunch more 911 calls and end up with more police visits.

a.

* Jeff Larsen <jlar310@xxxxxxxxx> [080305 16:35]: