[hylafax-users] 911 is being dialed but does not show in any logs

I'm new to the list, so forgive me if I have missed some protocol such
as posting config files, etc.

We have had two instances in the last 4 weeks where the police have
shown up at our office saying they got a 911 hangup call. Our PBX
system gives administrative alerts on all emergency calls and it says
the call came from our hylafax modem line. I have verified that the
PBX port being reported on the alerts is indeed physically connected
to our hylafax modem.

In our organization hylafax only sends automated faxes generated from
numbers in a database and none of those numbers start with 911. There
are, however, some numbers with 911 in the middle. It might also be
worth noting that this is in Kansas City where one of the area codes
frequently dialed is 913. Our dial rules enforce 10 digit dialing for
local area codes 913 and 816.

I grepped all the logs for ATDT911 and found nothing.

How could this be happening? Where else can I look (in hylafax) to
trace it? Could a defective modem be generating tones for dialing
incorrectly? I am at a complete loss on this one.

We are running Hylafax 4.3.3 from CentOS 4 distribution.

--
Jeff