Re: [hylafax-users] AVM Fritz

Am Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2008 schrieb Patrick Obermann:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
> I have a problem with installation of Fritz AVM. Get always the
> following error message:
>

> HOMER:/var/cache/apt/archives/fritz# ./install
>
> Welcome to the FRITZ!Card PCI driver installation!
>
> Generating FRITZ!Card PCI driver for kernel 2.6.18-6-686...
> Error while making src/fcpci.ko, see install.log!
> Could not generate fcpci.ko!
>
> Stopped.

Patrick,

let's put it bluntly: if you cannot manage to get this working, chances that
you ever send and receive faxes within this setup are pretty low. Faxing
via CAPI has lot of issues where getting the proprietary drivers to build,
even under debian, is one of the smallest - and depending on the level of
the aimed reliability - other 'later emerging' issues will simply be
unsolvable.

The most successful hylafax ISDN fax solutions use supported analog modems,
connected via a terminal adapter, or modems like the 'Elsa Microlink
ISDN-TLV 34', available via ebay.

Still not convinced? Goto:

Good luck,
Pete