From: faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 06 February 2008 18:57
To: Bill Allison
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] CallID in 5.2.1

bill.allison@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Reversed the patches and the effect is still there and I've tied it
down
> to this - setting server tracing to any value that has this bit set
> triggers caller ID insertion in the tiff file to work.
>
> 8192 (0x02000) Config File Parsing
>
> Attached are my config files in case the other part of the equation is

> something wrong in there, although they are the same ones I used ok
with
> 5.1.5

I set ServerTracing and SessionTracing both to 0 in my modem config
file.  I changed the "trace" log debug entries into printf calls, and I
ran faxgetty in "non-daemon" mode...

[root@gollum log]# faxgetty iaxmodem1
id: "9375350907
100
Lee's Office
<NONE>
400"recvPage id: "9375350907
100
Lee's Office
<NONE>
400"recvSetupTIFF id: "9375350907
100
Lee's Office
<NONE>

The Caller*ID information is coming through and is getting stored in the
"id" variable as expected... at least on my dev system here.
Furthermore, the Caller*ID information *is* getting stored in the TIFF
file in TIFFTAG_IMAGEDESCRIPTION as expected.

So something is still not right.  Can you take that previous patch,
change the function to be printf instead, run faxgetty in this manner as
I described, and do the same?  (If you also add a "\n" at the end of the
debug string it will help readability.)

Thanks,

/dev/null

believed to be clean.