Re: [hylafax-users] HyalaFax and AvantFax, confused!

On Jan 26, 2008 12:15 PM, Tiago Teixeira <teixeira1985@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I simply can't understand, besides AvantFax being a Web interface and
> archive for faxes, the main roles of both. I mean, who is really responsible
> to get the faxes and put them in tiff in the recvq? Hylafax only process the
> received and sent faxes and avantfax uses hylafax's received tiff files to
> display it to the user in pdf and with archived and associated with a
> phonebook?

for receiving, avantfax has a replacement for hylafax's faxnotify and
other scripts to do some extra processing, such as the phonebook
matching and database metadata recording and pdf creation.

> Any links, articles or other things for me to understand this step by step?

well, install avantfax, the instructions tell you what to replace and
since everything replaced are bash scripts you are free to read them
to see what the original does vs the avantfax replacement.