Re: [hylafax-users] Hardware suggestions to get Hylafax running?

* Michael Hallager <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [080124 04:15]:

> > If you focus on testing with fax machines and your MultiTech then you
> > will be closer to your real world deployment which ultimately is all you
> > realy care about.
>
> Which is why I've posted to the list asking for v.34 capable fax numbers I can
> send a test transmission to.

Of course, a couple hundred numbers from those of us running many
production fax servers, with good equipment, and crystal clear lines
aren't really going to give you a good idea of your production set
though, is it?

Really, you *do* want to test what you will using and sending in
production.  Look at your past traffic and gather the list of "remotes"
you want to send to.  Make a nice 2-page test, lots of plain text, and
an "image" or two (to make sure you actually spend *some* time on the
line sending it), and actually send that to the people you plan on
sending to.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103