Re: [hylafax-users] Hardware suggestions to get Hylafax running?

Joshua Kinard wrote:
That said, I'm not exactly looking to stuff a bunch of cheap modems from Wal-Mart into this, but mostly seeking out quality hardware that may be a bit dated, at a low price (eBay is my friend here). As far as support goes, that's on me for the most part. We've got support contracts for some of our more expensive hardware, but I'm looking to set this up as a demonstration of what benefits fax-to-email offers my organization. Then maybe in a year or so, I'll get a budget to build a better system that uses good hardware and maybe even includes support.

Understood.... the issue is that most 'cheap' fax hardware is no longer supported by the manufacturer (if it ever was !). So, if you hit problems that HylaFAX can't fix then you are stuffed.... that's where support from a manufacturer who's actively developing fax hardware may be important to you.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com