From: "Lee Howard" <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Tim Nelson" <tnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:22:01 PM (GMT-0600) America/Chicago
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Asterisk/IAXmodem/HylaFax configuration error on FXO channels?

Tim Nelson wrote:
>   == Starting Zap/35-1 at from-fax-iax27,s,1 failed so falling back to exten 's'
>   == Starting Zap/35-1 at from-fax-iax27,s,1 still failed so falling back to context 'default'
>

> [from-fax-iax27]
> exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/iaxdevfxo1/${EXTEN})
> exten => _X.,2,Answer
> exten => _X.,3,Busy
> exten => _X.,4,Hangup

On an FXO port you don't typically get DID.  So when getting a call on
an FXO port Asterisk sends the call to the "s" extension (which stands
for "spawned", I guess).  Thus, when in the [from-fax-iax27] context you
try matching against "_X." it doesn't work at all because X matches
digits only, and "_X." doesn't mean "anything" - it means "any
number/sequence of digits".  Rather, your [from-fax-iax27] context
should probably read like this:

[from-fax-iax27]
exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/iaxdevfxo1)
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,Busy
exten => s,4,Hangup

Notice that in this case we do *not* pass-on ${EXTEN} to iaxmodem.  What
good would "s" do for you there?

If, for some reason, you expect to get both "s" and digits in the same
context, and you want to handle them the same, then something like this
may work:

[from-fax-iax27]
exten => s,1,Goto(1111111111,1)
exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/iaxdevfxo1/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,2,Answer
exten => _X.,3,Busy
exten => _X.,4,Hangup

Here "1111111111" indicates a pseudo-DID that in HylaFAX (FaxDispatch)
you would recognize as a call coming in on the FXO.

Thanks,