Re: [hylafax-users] User access to documents

* Carlos Lorenzo Matés <clmates@xxxxxxxxxxx> [080123 08:53]:

> Then the option AdminGroup has no use?

As Lee would say, "I can't speak to HylaFAX+, but it works in HylaFAX"

;-)

> If i want to use pam for users, but define several admins can i put the admins
> in the hosts file?
>
> I have tried but without success

AdminGroup is in HylaFAX, and does work.  But you have to be careful how
you use it.  Remember, hfaxd does a chroot, so "/etc/group" is not the
same in the chroot as in the real root.

In my system, I have a setup my $SPOOL/hosts.hfaxd accounts like this:
   1) ^user@host$::: lines set for password-less logins for where I
       have automated things needed access to HylaFAX
   2) ^user@.*::<pass>:<apass> with passwords and admin passwords, for admins
   3) allow PAM for normal user logins.

This works quite well.  Anyone who has a pam account can use their
normal PAM password to login.  "Admin" accounts can use ADMIN to gain
the admin priviledges.

I've also just tested, tested, and the "AdminGroup" setting to allow
users to gain admin priviledges also does work for me, as long as my
NSS/PAM is setup correctly (i.e. not trying to read files from the main
root filesystem)

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103