[hylafax-users] automated fax sending from scanner, printing fax directly from programs

Hello,

I am using hylaFAX in company (don't remember version number right now, i could check it later if it's needed) with JHylaFax client on Mandriva2007 linux. It's just on one computer connected to internet, without any faxmodem hardware (I'm using virtual fax). It works ok but the process from scanning to sending is quite long and involves changing format to pdf, so i have to each time copy and paste image to open office writer and make pdf, then I can send it throug jhylafax. I was wandering about two things:

1. Could I fax something directly from scanner - mayby not directly but my goal is to simplyfie process. I imagine myself some program which scans image and fax it

2. I know there is a possibility to fax sth from any program just by printing (using hylafax printer) but I just coudn't get it to work on linux (locally), maybe it's only working on windows?

My scanner is Samsung scx-4200 multifunctional printer.

I'll be thankful for any advice.
Maciej