Re: [hylafax-users] automated fax sending from scanner, printing fax directly from programs

Hi Maciej,

Il giorno gio, 17/01/2008 alle 14.54 +0100, maciej ha scritto:
> Hello,
[...]
> 1. Could I fax something directly from scanner - mayby not directly but
> my goal is to simplyfie process. I imagine myself some program which
> scans image and fax it

I may think to this solution, if you send faxes of one page:
install gimp, sane, fax4CUPS and hylafax-client; then, from gimp, scan
the image and print it to the fax printer.

> 2. I know there is a possibility to fax sth from any program just by
> printing (using hylafax printer) but I just coudn't get it to work on
> linux (locally), maybe it's only working on windows?

I know that fax4cups is working on linux. There is a more recent project
called faxfrontend derived from fax4cups.

Bye,
Giuseppe