Re: [hylafax-users] Modem gets wedged after receiving a fax

Nacef L wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't find any Agere Venus chipset based modem in
suppliers in my country. I want to know if there is a way to reset an
external serial modem from linux ? I saw that the wedged script can
reset a modem if it finds a script callet resetmodem in the etc
folder. Is it possible to do that with external Rockwell modems.

Unfortunatly not... if the modem has locked up then it will need to be power cycled. If you have technical expertise then it might be possible to setup some external device that recycles the modem power following a command from HylaFAX.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com