Re: [hylafax-users] how to control which modem sends faxes

On Jan 10, 2008 9:36 AM, Michael Heumann
<michael.heumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 10.01.2008, 15:28 Uhr, schrieb Lukasz Szybalski <szybalski@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hi,
> > How can I control my sending ?
> > ttyS0,3,5 I would prefer that sending should first happen on ttyS0,
> > then ttyS3 but all faxes should be able to receive.
>
> as far as I understand the docs, there are different ways to specify how
> to send.
>
> One way is to specify the desired modem while sending the fax, but I think
> that's not what you want.
>
> Another way is with setting "ModemPriority" in the config file to
> different values, so that modems with higher priority are used more often.
> AFAIK is the normal behaviour of HylaFAX, that outgoing faxes are cycled
> through all lines, if all lines have the same priority.

Thanks, I'll look into the modem priority. I should be able to make
the less busy modems have higher priority to send faxes.
As far as setting the win print hylafax modem that would do but it
would be too much work in 60 people office. (maybe if there were less
then 20)

> Or it should be, cause it's not working correctly here - I posted a
> question regarding this a few days ago, but unfortunately I got no answer.

I don't know if it cycles through. As I watched my previous 3 modems
it would always start sending at ttyS0 if that is busy it would go to
next ttyS3 if that was busy it would then go to ttyS5.

I think that how it works, no cycling through.
Lucas