[hylafax-users] Fax image conversion scaling issue

Hi all,

I'm sorry if someone's already addressed this but I could really use some help.

I'm using imagemagick to convert the TIFF images to JPG.  The program works fine, but when the fax is transmitted in "normal" resolution the aspect ratio appears off. The command I use is:

convert faxnnnnn.tif faxnnnn.jpg

I discovered in comparing the imagemagick "identify" command that I get the following information:

This is a high resolution (fine) image
fax000000017.tif TIFF 1728x2157 DirectClass 24kb

This is a low resolution (normal) image
fax000000018.tif TIFF 1728x1059 DirectClass 56kb

The TIFF displays fine, and when I convert it to a PDF that also works fine, but converting the low resolution image to a JPG it comes out 1/2 height (as can be seen in the second number above being 1/2 of the high resolution.)

Verbose shows the resolutions to be:
fax000000017.tif: 204x196
fax000000018.tif: 204x98

Can anyone give me a hint of what I need to do so that imagemagick will convert the jpg to the right aspect ratio? I don't see anything that gives me a hint how to use the resolution in the identify so I can compensate for it when I produce the jpeg.

Thanks in advance!

-- Ben

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions