Re: [hylafax-users] Two simple HylaFAX Questions

On Dec 14, 2007 7:36 PM, Jeff St Louis <jeff.stlouis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And this brings me to my 2nd question, does anyone know if HylaFax plans to
> support PCL to FAX conversions, now that Artiflex has released GhostPDL
> under the GPL as oppose to the old APL they had the previous releases under?
> Is anyone currently working on such a feature?  Even Beta?

ghostpdl is GPL but the URW fonts which are required for it to work
properly are not, at least this what I get from reading
http://www.artifex.com/downloads/

So that if you need to install ghostpdl and the fonts for a 3rd party
you either need to tell the 3rd party to download and install the
fonts themselves or enter an oem agreement with artifex.

Anyone knows if somehow you can use freely redistributable fonts like
MS core fonts, vera bitstream, others in place of URW w/o affecting
ghostpdl functionality?

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx