Re: [hylafax-users] PROBLEM: HylaFax 4.4.3 on CentOS 5 using a MultiTech MT2834ZDXb

Jeff St Louis wrote:
To begin with, I am running HylaFax in a Send-ONLY environment, and will NEVER need to receive incoming faxes.

My problem is that each time a FAX is sent and I check the status of the hylafax queue, it always seems to return the following infamous message:

Modem ttyS0 (<Line Number>): Waiting for modem to come ready

This is normal if you don't run faxgetty. Unless you have a specific need to not run faxgetty you *should* run it even in send-only situations (only set RingsBeforeAnswer to 0).

Usually, even with this status, my faxes seem to go through… However about once or twice a day, it seems to lock up on me and the faxes start to build up in the queue.

We've gotten this report before - about faxq "losing" modems. The issue is somewhere in faxq, and if you want to continue to not use faxgetty and you want to see this fixed, then we'll need you to set SessionTracing to 0xFFF in /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config, and show us some logging from syslog (FaxQueuer entries in /var/log/messages) about the condition.

The only command that seems to release this lockup is “faxsetup”. After I run the “faxsetup” command again, my faxes begin to go again until the next lockup…

faxsetup just is running faxmodem... so you could probably run faxmodem instead of faxsetup.

Now I check the /var/log/messages file on my server, and noticed the following errors appearing:

Dec 14 09:16:45 myserver HylaFAX[5314]: HylaFAX INET: Unable to init server, trying again in 45 seconds.

Dec 14 09:17:30 myserver HylaFAX[5314]: HylaFAX INET: bind (port 4559): Address already in use

Dec 14 09:17:30 myserver HylaFAX[5314]: HylaFAX INET: Unable to init server, giving up after 10 tries.

Does this always only happen when the faxq modem loss occurs?

Thanks,