Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax+ With E1 card possible ?

George H wrote:
So wondering if anyone has ever used HylaFAX+ with an E1 card and if
so does HylaFAX+ see ttyS0 to ttyS30 ?

Yeah, you basically have three options, as far as I'm aware...

1) Patton 2977 / Digi DataFire

2) Eicon Diva Server

3) Any Asterisk/Callweaver/FreeSWITCH/etc-compatible interface using one of those soft-PBXes and IAXmodem

I've used all three, and these days I prefer the iaxmodem approach. The hardware is usually thousands of dollars less expensive, and my experience with it tells me that it's at least as reliable as the other digital alternatives... and it's a *lot* easier to troubleshoot should any problem with some sender/receiver surface.

In the past I have preferred the Patton over the Eicon simply because it allows HylaFAX more control over the actual fax protocol, but neither the Patton nor iaxmodem supports V.34-Fax, and so if you need V.34-Fax then the Diva Server is really the only option.

Thanks,