Re: [hylafax-users] [?? Probable Spam] Re: Wedged Iaxmodems

Maciej Żwirski wrote:
Ok, I've recorded the death of a modem :) I'm sending the log attached, and the recordings in a separate mail. I've noticed a few HDLC errors during the transmission, but Iaxmodem seemed to have recovered from those...

I got the mail and the recordings. I can reproduce the call just fine, but I cannot reproduce the "death".

There were two "raw.recording" files that you sent to me (meaning that iaxmodem was apparently recording a new session (?) after the one that is illustrated in the session logs. The "recording" files don't have anything but silence in them.

I am using HylaFAX+ 5.1.12 (well, to-be 5.2.0 from CVS) and not 4.3.1 as you are, but I don't think that's making the difference. (It *may* make a difference in the frequency of the problems occurring, but not in the problem itself.)

I suspect that the issue is not in-session. Can you confirm? Can you take a look at your PBX logs for that moment in time to see if there was a call that came in right after that one that corresponds to the session log that you sent? I suspect that the crash is happening due to IAX2 protocol (in libiax2) rather than in DSP functions (in spandsp).

Can you maybe take a look at this particular time in the iaxmodem log? (/var/log/iaxmodem/) See if there are any clues there. Otherwise we'll need to enable debug logging for IAX2, and that gets very verbose.

Thanks,