Re: [hylafax-users] T38modem and Hylafax issues

 Hello,

The past couple of days I have been working on Hylafax w/T38modem.

Everything seems to be working correctly now.  When I enter 'faxstat', the scheduler is running and the two modems indicate 'running and idle'.  Faxgetty, t38modem, hfaxd and faxq are all running.

Two things I am working on currently to resolve.

1.  When I indicate to the t38modem to route all calls to the T38 relay gateway,
I get the message in the trace.log  -
H225 Caller:xxxxxx H323TCP Connecting to x.x.x.x:1720 (local port=0)
H225 Caller:xxxxxx H323TCP Could not connect to x.x.x.x:1720 (local port=0) - conection refused(111)

2.  When I indicate to the t38modem to route all calls to the loop back IP
I get the message in the sys logs that 'No carrier detected'

My config.ttyx2 and config.ttyx3 are copies of the t38modem file from the /var/spool/hylafax/config and are in the /var/spool/hylafax/etc dir
I have FIFO.ttyx2 FIFO.ttyx3 in the  /var/spool/hylafax dir
I have faxgetty and t38modem respawning
I set hfaxd -i 4459 so as not to get the 'could not connect to local host'
I did run faxsetup and everything configured without any errors etc.

The t38modem respawn is set to /usr/sbin/t38modem -n -o -tttt /usr/trace.log -p ttyx2,ttyx3 --route all@xxxxxxxxx > /usr/t38.log 2>&1 </dev/null &

to test the modems

sendfax -n -h ttyx2@ -d <faxnumber> /usr/test.pdf

As I said, I have been working on this for a couple days and I am stuck.  I would appreciate any additional feedback.

Thanks,