Re: [hylafax-users] Expaining my email/fax/T38/T30 scenarios

Lee Howard wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
So here is what I have to support:

1        aFoV -> Asterisk -> FtEml
2        aFT38 -> Asterisk -> FtEml
3        email -> FtEml -> Asterisk -> aFoV
4        email -> FtEml -> Asterisk -> aFT38

Problem comes from options 3 & 4. Within Asterisk, I have the information, but Hylafax does not 'know' which to use: IAXmodem or T38modem. The best I can figure out is some config file in Hylafax that would specify which ext uses which trunk.

You want to employ HylaFAX's JobControl mechanism to decide on which modem to use. JobControl will need access to the same set of information that you have within Asterisk to be able to make that decision.

See:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/jobcontrol.php
Thanks for the pointer, Lee.