[hylafax-users] Expaining my email/fax/T38/T30 scenarios

I have been asking questions about T38modem and IAXmodem, and have not been clear about my scenarios. My fault. I am dyslexic....

Let's first define the components:

code Description

aFoV a Fax connected to an ATA and using 'fax passthrough' (T30 over RTP),
SIP registered to Asterisk
aFT38 a Fax connected to an ATA and using T38,
SIP registered to Asterisk
FtEml a Fax to email gateway supporting both T30 and T38
EmltF email to Fax gateway

So here is what I have to support:

1        aFoV -> Asterisk -> FtEml
2        aFT38 -> Asterisk -> FtEml
3        email -> FtEml -> Asterisk -> aFoV
4        email -> FtEml -> Asterisk -> aFT38

options 1 & 3 use IAXmodem today (though I need a lot of work on #3)
options 2 & 4 will use T38modem

options 1 & 2 SHOULD be easy to configure. I will be setting the SIP ext for the ATA to be either T38 or T30 over RTP, so I can easily route the fax by either IAXmodem or T38modem through the configuration.

Problem comes from options 3 & 4. Within Asterisk, I have the information, but Hylafax does not 'know' which to use: IAXmodem or T38modem. The best I can figure out is some config file in Hylafax that would specify which ext uses which trunk.

Or some script that would 1st try T38, and if the negotiation is rejected to then try the IAXmodem route.

This is my project for this month :)